Thursday, October 29, 2009

16 Weeks


  • How far along?: 16 weeks
  • Total weight gain: I'm up 2 pounds since my last doctors appointment- so I'm still down 3 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight
  • Maternity clothes: Nope, I'm still in regular clothes. No bella band no nothing. Lord please give me a bump soon!
  • Sleep: We have made a palate on the living room floor and slept there for the past 3 nights. Oh how glorious those nights have been!
  • Best moment of the week: Sleeping well and eating better
  • Movement: I still haven't felt anything. But apparently the baby can hiccup now?!
  • Gender: I'm still thinking girl
  • Food cravings: Considering I have eaten an entire jar of pickles in one sitting more than once this week.... I'm going to have to say pickles
  • Labor signs: No
  • Belly button in or out?: In
  • What I miss most: Motivation and energy. Pregnancy has made me the laziest person on the planet. My house is a disaster & I don't feel like doing anything about it
  • What I'm looking forward to: Finding out if it's a boy or girl
  • Weekly wisdom: Learn to to people's advise with a grain of salt NOW. Everyone has an opinion about everything and you may not care how big they were when they were pregnant with their 1st, 2nd , 10th kid but they are still going to tell you and they are still going to tell you that you must not be eating enough and then they are going to tell you what you should do because after all everyone is an expert. So go ahead & learn to smile and nod. Then take what you want and pretend the rest never happened.
  • Milestones: The baby can hear me now!

4 comments:

  1. I hope I am not that annoying person giving you advice! For some reason once you (and by that I mean ME) have a baby you automatically think you are an expert on the subject when clearly you (again, ME) aren't!! And once you go through labor you feel the need to talk about it for some reason! It's weird, you probably will go through that too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, No not you at all. It's more like random people. We go to Gator's to watch the Cowboy's games that aren’t on TV and this waitress noticed I wasn’t drinking that lead to me being pregnant and then her giving me a ton of unwanted advise. For God's sake she was trying to get me to drink... I think I'll pass on her advice. I’m just hormonal and getting sick of people telling me I’m not gaining enough weight.

    I’m waiting for the day I actually look pregnant to strangers and get the weird lady in the grocery store rubbing my belly. I think I will freak out when a stranger tries to touch me. This is not something I’m looking forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sister, I totally know how you feel about being lazy!! I have a few days where I'll go on a cleaning spree, but then it's back to clutter and blogging!

    As far as a bump, I couldn't wait till I got one either! I sprouted at 10 weeks and now my waist is measuring at 42". My bump is my favorite thing about my pregnancy, that and feeling her move!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must be annoying. I think everyone runs into annoying people when they are pregnant. I think people automatically think they have the right to comment on your weight when you are pregnant. I had people tell me I look 9 months pregnant when I was 5 or 6 months pregnant, and that I was carrying it in my a--. I think would rather people tell me I was too skinny! They are probably just jealous because they were super fat when they were pregnant! The important thing is the baby is healthy, which they are. And you will have a bump before you know. And yes, people will touch it. Which is worse, I don't know. But it's all worth it! I learned from being pregnant, what pregnant people like to hear. So I ALWAYS tell my pregnant friends how awesome they look!! But you really do look awesome, I am not just sayin it!!

    ReplyDelete