Friday, March 26, 2010
• How far along: 37 weeks
• Weight gain: Ha! We’re not going to talk about this!
• Maternity clothes: Yep
• Belly button in or out: Still hasn't "popped"
• Sleep: I’m up several times a night but I have been feeling refreshed in the mornings. Too bad it only lasts till lunch time!
• Stretch marks: I think I might have one. I found a dark spot on my side… I’m not really sure if it’s a stretch mark or not
• Food cravings: Cookies- any kind
• Movement: I knew he was pretty active but the doctor started me on kick counts last week and I have at least 60 per day! I was shocked.
• Labor signs: As of today I am a finger tip dilated and 65% effaced.
• What I'm looking forward to: Not being pregnant any more!!!
• What I miss most: sleeping on my tummy, having a drink, tanning, my shoes fitting, clothes with out elastic… Can you tell I’m OVER it?!
• Miles stones: I’m “full term” today! Brock’s lungs should now be fully developed and it’s considered safe for him to come when he wants now! Yay I’m almost done!!!
Our new living room furniture will be delivered tomorrow! I'm so excited!!! Even though we haven't moved yet it will at least feel like a whole new house!
We got word that the owners "people" finally got in contact with someone at Freddie Mac and they are willing to help "rush approval." now we are going on 5 months and we're just now getting this so I'm not sure they know what rush means but hey I'll take what we can get!
Monday, March 22, 2010
We started our weekly appointments Friday and had a growth ultra sound. We didn't really get any good pictures because he's so big he's all squished up in there, but I'll post the ones we got... He is very healthy and measuring right on track. He weighs 5 lbs 10 ozs right now and they said he should gain 1/2 lb every week until he's born so we're looking at a 7 pounder! I haven't made any progress yet, which the doctors says is good but doesn't really matter because things can change pretty much instantly. As of this coming Friday Brock will be considered full term and they won't do anything to stall labor if I should go early. We finished the little guys nursery this weekend & we are just super excited to meet him! I can't believe how fast this has gone by! I will be a Mommy in less than a month!!!
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Our 1st wedding anniversary is Saturday! I can't believe we have been married for a year already.... Where had the time gone?! Aaron and I are taking tomorrow off work to sleep in, go to our doctor's appointments and then start celebrating our anniversary. I'm so excited for some quality time and a long weekend! I have the best boss ever! Here are a few of my favorite wedding pictures in honor of the big day!
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Thursday, March 11, 2010
- How far along: 35 weeks
- Weight gain: Hopefully the same as last week. But I've probably gained a pound in each ankle and about 1/2 a pound in each hand. Gross!
- Maternity clothes: Yep
- Belly button in or out: Still hasn't "popped"
- Sleep: I'm back to being really uncomfortable and I've been tossing and turning all night. Last night I had the weirdest dream that I went in for our growth ultrasound (which is next week) and they discovered that Brock actually has a twin sister. The dream was so real & all I can remember was being so excited that I wasn't going to have to convince Aaron that we should try again for a girl and I was running around every where buying cute little dresses, bloomers and bows and I was suddenly decorating 2 nursery's not just one. Whoa Blair! One at a time here!
- Stretch marks: Still none yet!!!
- Food cravings: Food cravings suck. I HATE that all I want is Mexican food and I now have heart burn like you would not believe. From what I hear this means the baby's hair is growing. I sure hope so, I was a bald baby & I'm really hoping that Brock comes out with some blond hair that I can spike up!
- Movement: It's more like multiple failed escape attempts. Aaron gets so crepped out when he sees a body part move across my stomach!
- Labor signs: I've had some mild cramping but I'm sure that's just part of being pregnant!
- What I'm looking forward to: Seeing Brock next week. This will be the last time we "see" him before we meet him!!!
- What I miss most: My pre-pregnancy body. I used to complain about it then & now all I want is to be back to my normal self.
- Miles stones: 35/35!!!!!!!!
Monday, March 8, 2010
It translates into:
$8,896.66 a year
$741.38 a month
$171.08 a week
A mere $24.24 a day
Just over a dollar an hour
Still you might think the best financial advice is: Don't have children if you want to be "rich." Actually, it's just the opposite.
What do you get for $160,140.00?
Naming rights. First, Middle, and Last
Glimpses of God every day
Giggles under the covers every night
More love than your heart can hold
Butterfly kisses and Velcro hugs
Endless wonder over rock, clouds, ants, and warm cookies
A hand to hold usually covered with jelly or chocolate
A partner for blowing bubbles and flying kites
Someone to laugh yourself silly with, no matter what your boss had to say or how your stock performed that day.
For $160,400.00 you never have to grow up. You get to:
Catch lightning bugs
Never stop believing in Santa Clause
You have an excuse to:
Keep reading The Adventures of Piglet and Pooh
Watch Saturday morning cartoons
Go to Disney movies
And wish on Stars
You get to frame rainbows, hearts and flowers under refrigerator magnets, and collect spray painted noodle wreaths for Christmas, hand prints set in clay for Mother's Day, and cards with backwards letters for Father's Day.
For a mere $24.24 a day there's no greater bang for your buck. You get to be a hero for just:
Retrieving a Frisbee off the garage roof
Taking the training wheels off a bike
Removing a splinter
Filling a wadding pool
Coaxing a wad of gum out of bangs, and
Coaching a baseball team that never wins, but always get treated to ice cream regardless.
You get a front row seat in history to witness the:
First time behind the wheel
You get to be immortal. You get another branch added to your family tree, and if you're lucky, a long list of limbs in your obituary called Grandchildren and Great Grandchildren. You get an education in psychology, nursing, criminal justice, communications, and human sexuality that no college can match.
In the eyes of a child you rank right up there under God. You have all the power to heal a boo-boo, scare away the monsters under the bed, patch a broken heart, police a slumber party, ground them forever, and love them without limits. So one day, like you, they will love without counting the costs. That is quite a deal for the price!!!
Friday, March 5, 2010
- How far along: 34 weeks
- Weight gain: 30 lbs- Time to cut back on the cookies
- Maternity clothes: Can't live with out them
- Belly Button In or Out: What belly button?!
- Sleep: I've been sleeping really well this week & waking up felling refreshed. I hear this is a sign that the end is near!!!
- Stretch Marks: Still holding strong!
- Food Cravings: Cookies are my weakness
- Movement: Tons! He's so active right now & moving like crazy.
- Labor Signs: None
- What I'm looking forward to: I have my last shower tonight. I'm really excited about it. It's a co-ed shower with Aaron's co-workers & it should be a lot of fun. We're also going to set up our nursery this weekend. I've been putting it off & trying to wait to hear something on the house but I can't take it anymore. I'm kind of hoping that this will trigger Murphy's Law & that as soon as we set up Brock's nursery we will get the short sale approval. We shall see!
- What I miss most: I'm really over being pregnant. I just want to be back to my normal, non-hormonal self. I can't wait to get rid of my pasty skin, Miss. Piggy feet, sausage toes, and most of all I can't wait to meet Brock. We can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel & we are so close to being a family of 3 I can taste it!
- Milestones: The count down has started. Only about 43 days till we meet our Brock-Star! We're so close!!!
Brock is now about the size of a honeydew. Crazy right!