Friday, October 2, 2009

Forced to tell

Yesterday I received a Facebook friend request from a guy at work. He had also made a nice comment on my profile picture saying, Hmmm I wonder what that could be a picture of? Well being the dumb ass I am I changed my profile picture to the ultrasound pic. of baby Campbell. I thought I was so sneaky! I made all my setting private thinking I was in the clear. I guess I forgot that anyone can search you and your profile picture will come up. So today I was forced to tell my boss the big news. I was terrified. I started about a month ago and I didn't know how he was going to react. So this morning after our staff meeting I asked him if he had a minute to talk and I shut the door behind me. My heart started racing. I felt like I started sweating, I panicked. I asked him something about payroll and then tried to slip in the "hey I'm not really sure how to tell you this.... but Aaron and I are expecting". I'm saying this while I'm choking my tears back. I lost it, I started crying like a little girl. What was I doing? How in the hell is crying, looking like a crazy, hormonal pregnant woman going to help my case? He was really great. He was telling my not worry about, that this is such exciting news and congratulating us. I told him that I am really happy with the company and that I plan on working till delivery and coming back as soon as I can. He said not to worry about anything and that we will make it work. I'm so relieved that it's out in the open, I survived, not gracefully, but I survived. Thank God it's over!

On another note, I'm 12 weeks today! I cant believe I'm one week away from 2nd tri! The time has just flown by. I'm starting to have more energy, feeling less nauseous, and can definitely see a change in my body. Next Wednesday I have another ultrasound. Were supposed to hear the heart beat and hopefully the baby looks less like a blob and more like a baby! I'll have Aaron take a belly pic. tonight and will update this weekend.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. congrats on 12 weeks!! Hearing the heartbeat is so amazing and I am thrilled you only have to wait a few more days!

    Good job on telling the boss. By your initial serious close the door conversation starter I bet he thought you were going to quit and was probably sooooo relieved to hear it was "just" a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that sucks you were forced to tell before you were ready, but I bet you feel soooo much better it's done & over with. Congrats on almost being to the 2nd Tri!!

    ReplyDelete